We’re situated in a Conservation area next to The Old Grammar School and opposite the Tithe Barn which is one of the few surving Tithe Barns still in existence next to it’s original Church – St. Marys.
On weekdays and evenings we have regular user groups, day centres and business meetings and at weekends we host Wedding Receptions, Anniversary Parties, Birthday Parties and other special occassions.
The building is fully accessible for those in wheel chairs.
Telephone number 01844 217308
History of Thame Barns Centre
Thame Barns Centre has been created from old farm building which once belonged to the Manorial Court which stood next to it, partly on what is now the south side of the churchyard. The piece of ground was purchased from the County Council to extend the churchyard in the 1950’s and also included the Dovecote which had belonged to the Manor. The cricket field is still known as Court Close being land also belonging to the Manorial Court. The County Council acquired the farm during the depression if the 1930’s as happened in many cases during the time and eventually sold the land to the Town Council and Parochial Church Council in the 1990’s for use as a community centre.
At the Manorial Court disputes arising with the Manor over land, services, payments and personal conduct were settled. The Manorial Court faced south at the eastern angle between Church Road and the Churchyard. It had often been repaired and altered and was pulled down ‘as recently’ as 1891.